The NDI Balzola consortium will carry out the modernisation works on another phase of the Katowice redevelopment project
The consortium formed by NDI and the Spanish Balzola has submitted the most advantageous tender for modernisation of the tram tracks in Katowice, section from Plac Wolności to the Katowice Market. The works will commence in September and take 12 months. The project is valued at PLN 10.5 million. The investor is Tramwaje Śląskie S.A.
The investment will involve:
– redevelopment of the tram tracks (including new paving),
– redevelopment of the traction and power supply network,
– redevelopment of the power lines and lighting,
– redevelopment of the teletechnical network,
– redevelopment of the gas network,
– redevelopment of the combined sewer,
– redevelopment of the water mains.
The investment constitutes a component of the project entitled: ‘Modernisation of the tram and trolley infrastructure in the Agglomeration of Upper Silesia, including the auxiliary infrastructure’, POIS.07.03.00-00-012/11, co-financed by the European Union from the Cohesion Fund under the Operational Program Infrastructure and Environment.
This is the third tender procedure over the recent several months NDI has won in collaboration with the Spanish partner. In February, the Consortium was awarded the contract to redevelop the tram and road system of the Market Roundabout in the centre of Katowice, and in May a contract to modernise a railway line in Mazovia.