Agreement on the revitalization of the railway no. 27 was signed
On Friday May 12, 2017, the agreement for the revitalization of the railway no. 27: section from the border of the voivodship to Malbork was signed. NDI SA will implement this project in a consortium with Pomerania Mechanical Track Company Ltd.
As part of the investment, a total of 70 km of track between Gradeja and Malbort stations will be completely renovated. 123 engineering facilities, including 3 bridges and 13 viaducts, will be rebuilt, increasing the speed of trains on the route to 120 km/h.
The project is implemented in the design and build formula and will run until the fall of 2019.
INVESTMENT IN NUMBERS
- 5 stations with rebuilt platforms without architectural barriers
- 4 stops with rebuilt platforms without architectural barriers
- 35 modernized rail-road crossings
- 70 km of rebuilt tracks, increasing the speed of trains to 120 km/h
- 48 new junctions
- 126 rebuilt engineering facilities, including:
- 13 viaducts
- 3 bridges
- underpass at the Kwidzyn station
- New control room, Local Control Centres (LCC) and modern equipment