2,568 metres of modernised tracks in Sosnowiec
Works on the reconstruction of the tram network along Piłsudskiego St. in Sosnowiec on the section from the junction with Sobieskiego St. to National Road 86 have been completed. The section covered as much as 2,568 metres of a single tram track and was connected to the modernised section of the tracks in Sobieskiego St. with the turnout in Piłsudskiego St.
The general contractor for the investment was a consortium of NDI Group from Sopot and Balzola, and the investor was Tramwaje Śląskie (Silesian Trams). The investment will increase the capacity of the tram network as well as improve safety, quality and comfort of ride. Emergency vehicles can drive along the tracks in places where the width of the tracks allows it.
What the investment covered:
– construction of the track structure from prefabricated slabs 40 cm thick;
– construction of the pavement structure made of concrete cubes – stop platforms;
– track drainage;
– reconstruction of street lighting;
– reconstruction of the tram overhead line;
– reconstruction of the power cable (overhead);
– restoration of bitumen surfaces in the areas of road crossings, reconstruction of curbs and sewer connections;
– making horizontal markings.
6 tram stops were rebuilt and paved with cobblestone. New bus shelters were built on the platforms. The pavement of 40 cm thick concrete slabs was made along the entire length of the tracks. The width of the concrete pavement is 5.40 m.