Infrastructure Investment Forum
On 19 November 2015 the 3rd edition of the Infrastructure Investment Forum was held at the Westin Hotel in Warsaw. During the Forum, a debate was held on the topic of “Infrastructure as a basis for economic development – who should be responsible for a holistic approach to the development of infrastructure in Poland?” hosted by the Chairman of the Management Board of NDI – Jerzy Gajewski.
The “Infrastructure as a basis for economic development – who should be responsible for a holistic approach to the development of infrastructure in Poland?” debate included the following thematic blocks:
• What institution should be the ‘host’ of infrastructure development in Poland? The problem of coordinating tasks between different authority centres.
• Where and how to locate a decision-making centre? The need for the private sector to select a public partner.
• What should the correct division of investment risk be between private and public entities?
• Necessary mechanisms for collecting and processing of statistical data for investment purposes: what are the areas for improvement?
• In what scope does Poland need a report of efficiency of spending EU funds in the years 2007-2015?
• The need for synchronising public and private investment in Poland: why do we need a strategic vision?
• The construction of an oil terminal as an example of executing a strategic investment from the point of view of the Polish economy.
The debate moderator was Prof. dr hab. Jerzy Hausner, and its participants included:
• Jerzy Gajewski, Chairman of the Management Board, NDI S.A.
• Dariusz Zawadka, Vice-President of the Management Board, PERN „Przyjaźn” S.A.
• Michał Dymicki, Deputy Director of the Structured Finance Department, Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego
• Ryszard Trykosko, Chairman of the Management Board, Gdańskie Inwestycje Komunalne
• Robert Kasprzak, Director of the Structured Finance Department
• Prof. dr hab. Wojciech Paprocki, Department of Transport, Warsaw School of Economics